Friday, February 8, 2008

Can you offer your seat to the lady?



By the way, I'm not in this photograph. I just searched for a photograph illustrating how's lIfe inside the LRT (Light Rail Transit). Manila has three lines of mass rail transits around the metro. I saw on the newspaper that several others are still on the way.

Anyway, that certainly is not my topic. Since I ride the LRT four times a day (I ride twice to get to work and another twice going to school), I always find myself pissed off everytime as well. What's making me go ranting?! I hate it when men don't act as gentlemen.

Everyday, I get to see men sitting comfortably inside the coach while a lady stands nearby. Oftentimes, men would just ignore the nearest woman from him or just pretend that he's asleep.

Don't you just find that plain annoying?! What if the woman's your friend or a wife or a sister, daughter, or much worse, your grandma?!?!?! I bet you'd offer your seat in a heartbeat.

I just so hate the sight of it.

It's getting true that the gentleman is a vanishing breed.

Be a gentleman!!!!!

2 Responses to “Can you offer your seat to the lady?”

Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...
February 8, 2008 at 10:11 PM

I admit that I may have pretended to be asleep or ignored ladies when they are standing around. But that's rare and only when I'm dead tired from work that I have the tendecy to sleep while standing.

Most of the time though I still give my seat and realize Im more than happy that I did especially when I hear a simple thank you, mostly from elder ladies.

Gratitude is also a vanishing trait among some younger "ladies" in my batch too. ;)

Reminded me of Japan. No such thing as a "gentle man who willingly gives his seat to a lady." Guess it's how people are brought up. And Im glad I grew up here in the Philippines and raised by conservative folks.


Unknown said...
February 13, 2008 at 3:13 PM

kaya hindi nako umuupo sa LRT kasi ayoko ng tinititigan ako ng matatanda., lol.


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve