Thursday, January 22, 2009

Filipino Wave


That eight-rayed star is undeniably Filipino. In tagalogspeak, pinoy na pinoy. This sun symbolizes Filipino spirit, Filipino nationalism, Filipino love, and most especially, Filipino pride. Hence, here comes the Filipino wave.

I'm not sure if I have posted a similar post before, but I would like to pay tribute to Filipinos who all made Filipinos proud with the achievements, fame, and success they amassed, they are proud to tell the world "Pilipino ako!" (I'm a Filipino!).

I will jot down here the ten living Filipinos who all currently are making an impact in the world stage and rank them deductively (1 being the highest, 10 the lowest).

1. Manny Pacquiao
- For obvious reasons, he is number one. Can't think of another Filipino who fared better than him.

2. Apl.de.ap of Black Eyed Peas
- He made being a Filipino cool.

3. Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls
- I hope the whole world's aware that she's half-Filipina and is loving it.

4. Enrique Iglesias
- I'm proud that he's half-Pinoy. Really.

5. Vanessa Hudgens
- A half-Pinay is one of Hollywood's biggest teen stars? Way to go!

6. Kenneth Cobonpue
- He is that cutting-edge interior designer that is currently making waves in the world stage.

7. Monique Lhuillier
- I hope Hollywood celebs know that she's Filipina.

8. Charice Pempengco
- I know some people might protest the lowly ranking I gave her, I think more than the performances she's making, a successful album would stamp her way to a higher ranking.

9. Isabel Preysler
- Enrique's mom. She's a popular socialite in Madrid.

10. Dave Batista
- He's a cool top wrestler and he's Filipino!!!

Honorable mentions: Lea Salonga, Brandon Vera, Vanessa Minillo, Cassie, Mutya Buena, Victoria RecaƱo, Rob Schneider and Lou Diamond Philips.

5 Responses to “Filipino Wave”

pusangkalye said...
January 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

these people show us that we Filipinos are ready to take the world.......we are a great race. we should remember that and all the more that we should strive for more excellence.....

....salamat for this spark of pride.


Byron Ferolin said...
January 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I know just a few of them. =Poor me.


Jerick said...
January 26, 2009 at 11:08 PM

@pusang gala

of course, i love my country!

@byron

fret not kiddo. thanks for visiting my blog!


Anonymous said...
January 27, 2009 at 5:06 AM

wow. i also made a post about how creative pinoys are. nice topic. :p


Jerick said...
January 27, 2009 at 5:09 AM

thanks for the compliment!


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve