Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Favorite Skylines

Allow me right now to post the most beautiful skylines my eyes have ever laid into. I'm a sucker for drool-worthy photos and when I get to see one, it can pretty much make my day a whole lot nicer.
I love looking at skyline pictures, be it panoramic, on sepia, photoshopped, or just taken from the most ordinary of all cameras. As long as it was taken from a kick-a** angle, I'm fine with it.
However, what makes a great skyline picture? For me, not too many skyscrapers in the picture is one. Night shots are better than day shots. Not too many clusters are perfect. And lastly, an element of water tops it all off! Water for me creates a balance from the glass-and-steel edifices and allows for a sense of calmness and life.
Let's get started? Here are my personal top 5 picks.

Number 5: Seattle, Washington.
It's got to be Starbucks why I put this city on my top 5 list. My eyes don't strain either everytime I look at the Seattle skyline. Elements of green, not much skyscraper clusters, tons of cafes, and the list of nice things about Seattle goes on...

Number 4:Hong Kong. I know I said that too many skyscrapers are an eyesore, but Hong Kong is an exception! The view from Victoria Harbor is just amazing, especially at night! Not to mention that Victoria Peak provides a mountaneous background to it as well!

Number 3: Chicago, Illinois. It looks so peaceful compared to its more famous brother in the East Coast. The Lake Illinois provides a peaceful touch to the Midwest skyline. And oh, the John Hancock (which is not seen here) happens to be one of my most favorite skyscrapers!

Number 2: Singapore. Lee Kuan Yew's showcase city is the definitely my top Asian skyline. It has a wonderful coordination of skycrapers, everywhere is sanitary, everything is organized, it just doesn't make me feel dizzy. Even just by looking at the skyline, I can feel even my asthma stopping.

My number one pick has got to be Sydney, Australia. Actually, everything else about the Sydney skyline is common and ordinary except for three major things. One is the Sydney Harbor. Second is the Sydney Harbor Bridge, and the lastly is the magnificent Opera House. Those three things make this skyline magical. I can spend the whole night looking at it.

Hope you liked my post. Bye!

3 Responses to “My Favorite Skylines”

Jake said...
March 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I was hoping you'd put Shanghai (rather than Seattle, at least). I fell in love with the city. Well, it's to each his own taste anyway! Great post.


Jerick said...
March 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM

well, pudong looked a little too futuristic for me, the same with dubai. i like good ol' skylines with patches of green and water. out of the five, hong kong would be my most futuristic one.


Anonymous said...
April 1, 2008 at 2:12 AM

wow i love to visit these places soon!


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve