Monday, April 7, 2008

A Rat Or A Cockroach?!

Call this a spur-of-the-moment thing from me here. Out of nowhere, the thought of writing about rats and roaches just popped out of my head. I unlove and abhor both creatures. Good thing, our house has YET to be pestered by rats. If ever I get to see one (we're pretty sure all potential rat entry points are constantly blocked), it should be the ultimate manifestation of dirt and filthiness.
If ever life gets to a point to choosing which of the two critters would one choose, which of the two would that be? Being the helpful person that I am, let me present the pros and cons to choosing any one of these two creatures.
The Common House Rat. Rattus rattus. PROS: It is a mammal, therefore, it has quite a high brain span compared to other creatures. Since its got a higher brain span means scaring this animal is effective. CONS: It can be wet, and hairy and big! They can bite your toes and your fingers. And oh, and when they die, they give off that stench that is traumatic to my olfactories (that was the sense of smell, right?).

The Common Cockroach. Periplaneta americana. PROS: It is the easiest to kill. People either spray insectisides to it. Others do it the old-fashioned way: through rolled newspapers or their shoes (ewwww...). But me, I have a whole new different way. If the roach is on the ground, I squish as much alcohol as I could to let it die. When its dead, I light it up with a lighter. That way, I kill off bacteria as well (have I?). CONS: It flies! It can enter the skimpiest of openings. It is not scared of humans!

I have presented my arguments here. Which of the two would you choose?

Hope you enjoyed the article. Bye!

0 Responses to “A Rat Or A Cockroach?!”

All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve