Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why Did NU 107 Had To Go?

I'm still not over the NU 107 Last Goodbye feeling. It was just plain sad. Like a part of me was taken out without justice.
 
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most rocked-out person out there. But I know what good music is. And NU 107 provided Manila with a great music option, thanks to its purely rock genre.

Been familiar with the NU 107 since I was in 5th or 4th grade (dating back to the mid 90s), I always knew that whenever I felt the need to listen to rock music, it was NU 107 that I should be listening to.

NU 107 represented all the boys in our classrooms who sat at the back and barely listened to what the teacher was saying, painstakingly finishing his drawing with an intermediate pad paper as his canvass. The station represented a big chunk of all the cigarette smokers back in high school, complete with ear piercings only to be removed because the school security asked him to do so. The station represented a huge chunk of the rebel chicks we had during high school, those girls, who the pretty and popular ones disliked the most because these girls were just plain bad-ass.

To all concerned, NU 107 represented a part of us. And its taking away from us means a part of us was also removed.

Just plain sad.

Let's all relive the magical final minutes instead. Like a slow death on death row.



3 Responses to “Why Did NU 107 Had To Go?”

Bo said...
November 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

now it makes sense,.. akala ko ay sira ang cell phone ko, I set the frequency sa 107.5 pero parang iba then I realized it was a different station na pala.. sad =( Good thing I could still listen to RJ100 (breakfast with The Beatles mon-fri 5AM to 6AM)


Dorm Boy said...
November 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Nakakalungkot nga ang pagsign-off ng radio station that rocks the nation... Well let's see maybe a new rock station will come and shine for the new generation.


Jerick said...
November 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM

@Bo, may 105.9 na underground rock station

@dorm boy, true. nakakalungkot nga na wala na ang NU.


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve