Monday, June 23, 2008

Typhoon Frank Was Bad. VERY BAD.

Frank is a very devious storm. Destroying not only properties, but lives as well. To all those who have lost their loved ones, my deepest sympathies are sent out to you. Be thankful for the people who love and comfort you on dire times like these.

Three of my Mom's prized trees on her garden have been either nearly uprooted or completely uprooted. Anyways, I thought to myself that those trees were not really meant to withstand strong winds.

Its been a while since I last experienced a strong typhoon. Not that I look forward to it, but for the record it has been quite a long time since I have experienced a really, strong one. I arrived home around 2:30AM after several rounds of Texas Hold-em' Poker. It was even raining yet!

Around 5am, I woke up to the howling of the strong winds. It was roaring, I could feel the pine trees almost bending because of the wind's power. Power was out. My room was dark and i can't sleep because I felt, yeah, afraid that something bad might really be happening.

It was a really, really bad storm. It was so bad that water entered our living room through the gaps between our sliding doors to the wall and to the floor. Since Sunday is always a NO HOUSEHELPS DAY we were forced to clean up the mess and wait for the sun to shine. How come water still entered when a roof is covering the door from above?! The wind was just directing the rain towards the doors, thus wetting the door gaps and puddling towards the living room.

Too bad, I don't have any picture to show about how bad was the outcome of the storm. The grass and the trees all looked like beat up. Leaves were all over the village streets. No electricity for a few hours. But water was aplenty.

Brace for the next typhoon.

1 Responses to “Typhoon Frank Was Bad. VERY BAD.”

Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...
July 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM

I left Manila for Quezon province... on my way towards that storm... When we left Sunday evening for Manila... we were on our way towards the storm that just left us, then at signal 2 in the capital.

Quezon was a blast still. :)


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve