Monday, August 17, 2009

Philippine Basketball Team

At the end of it all, we all have to give these guys the round of applause they greatly deserved.
We shouted, pumped our fists, groaned, sweat, jumped, and cursed with them althroughout the FIBA Asian Championship. We hated that man-monster from Taiwan or that giant from Korea and be helpless whenever our precious players had to endure the Dhalsim-like limbs and wingspan of the Arabians. Though they ended the tourney with a ranking of 8th, we can't really complain much. Besides, 8 is a lucky number right?
If I could only have my own say, I wish the PBA could adopt the international style of ball play and that the national team could hold regular practices. A weekend per month would do perhaps? Eversince I started watching Asian basketball way back in Hiroshima in 1994, I have always heard the same type of excuses. Our guys need to freaking adjust.
Despite the bullcrapped results, I'm still proud of the Powerade Team Pinas. I should give credit and special citations to the following players:

James Yap
Cyrus Baguio
Willie Miller
Jared Dillinger
Sonny Thoss
Asi Taulava
Gabe Norwood
and Jayjay Helterbrand

Those abovementioned names performed the best during the entire competiton for the country. Mick Pennisi and Arwind Santos were occassionally good as well. Let me be clear on that. I felt sorry for Kerby Raymundo and Japeth needs more time to be ready for international competitons.
Meanwhile, I hope they would hold a victory party of sorts when they come back here. I wanna personally thank these guys.

Mabuhay pa rin ang Pilipinas.

3 Responses to “Philippine Basketball Team”

RedLan said...
August 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Mabuhay si James Yap. :-) Thanks guys.


wanderingcommuter said...
August 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM

mabuhay!!! go team pilipinas!


Raft3r said...
August 19, 2009 at 10:11 PM

we'll get them next time
=)


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve