Thursday, August 21, 2008

Consequences

I had one of my bitterest fights with the academe earlier this morning when I had my Accounting Midterms exams. It was a 4-hour long test that required nothing but solving problems, pointing through the calculator, and creating a hell out of my brain, deciphering where on earth did I go wrong and I can't seem to balance off on two problems.
Once I finally got to finish the test, I decided to not talk to any of my classmates, abhoring the sight of everyone until I got off the school parking lot. It's been a while since my mind was challenged that bad. I realized that I'm not really a BS (Bachelor of Science) student and I'm better off as an AB (Bachelor of Arts). But hey, it was some feat for me, a left-brained person, more keen on the arts, to do some stuff that right-brainers excel in. And besides, I was doing this because I wanted to graduate on a credible business school and I wanted to get my MBA soon. So, even though my left-brain doesn't really suit the calculations of science, I will just persevere.
So after school, I felt like rewarding myself. I felt like rewarding myself with something edible. Something I will enjoy till the last bite. Something I really enjoyed for decades. Something like Jollibee Chickenjoy. To think of it, it has been a while since I last gorged on food. Half-rice, wheat bread, oats, tuna, egg white, tofu, and grilled skinless chicken breast sprinkled with sodium-free seasoning for like forever can be tiring as well!
So I went to Jollibee, ordered two-pieces Chickenjoy and two cups of rice, with caramel sundae for dessert. While ordering, I kept on muttering to myself "What the heck?!" I will be enjoying this!"
And off I went on eating my two-piece Chickenjoy. I think that was my first Chickenjoy meal for the year. Yeah, it really was my first Chickenjoy for the year! I really thought I deserved to grease my fingers with those oh-so-juicy chicken legs and that crispy, crispy, crispy chicken skin. Dunk it into the very yummy gravy, put the gravy-soaked moist chicken parcel to your hot and steaming rice, and yum! Ahh, such good stuff.
I enjoyed my chickenjoy in ten minutes. Pretty fast huh? I'm usually a slow eater. But boy, I craved for Chickenjoy for so long! While eating, I remembered the face of my fitness instructor. I thought of the oil that would clog my arteries. The grease that would make my blodd thicker. The cholesterol that would potentially snap an important vein near my medulla oblontgata. Is eating this Chickenjoy really worth the work-out that I was making an effort into? How about the various drinks that I've been drinking to further lose my weight?
How many hours should I do the treadmill and the bike? How many hours should I spar with sparring mates? How much Herbalife, MRT, and Del Monte Fit N' Right should I consume?
Ah, that would only be the first of only two Chickenjoy meals that I would be having this year. Pray for me!

2 Responses to “Consequences”

Jake said...
August 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM

The human in you!

Leave out the skin. It has more fat that pork chop.


Jerick said...
August 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

jake, i'd rather have chicken than eating a freaking pork chop.

i actually abhor even the sight and scent of pork.

i hate lechon.


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve