Friday, September 2, 2011

Life At Riverdale High: Remembering Archie and the Gang

I can vividly remember we had two balikbayan boxes full of Archie comics. We had centerfold posters splattered on our bedroom wall (I used to share a large bedroom with my siblings when we were kids), even calendars and the Lisa Frank posters that go with them (they're Lisa Frank members). In one way, we related on every single member of characters from Riverdale, California (it once said it was in California. They even had a Riverdale Beach) and felt like they were family.

I miss Pop Tate's Choklit Shoppe- the diner where the gang used to hang out a lot. I miss Jughead's burgers and milk shakes. I miss Moose and Midge, who in turn is Archie's secret crush. And how ego-maniac and jerky Reggie really is. I miss Dilton and his geekiness, he even managed to organize Archie room's for a time. And Betty, the all-American blondie who is not only smart (she's second to Dilton), but can be relied upon on a host of different things, including auto-mechanic. Veronica Lodge and her rich father Hiram, who always catches a clumsy Archie. And of course, Archie Andrews - unarguably the most famous red-head, the main character of the comics.

They were indeed a part of my growing up. Trips to the National Bookstore won't be complete without buying Archie Comics. Relatives coming home from the United States will always have room for some Archie Comics to me and my siblings. Idle time after school would be spent reading thru the comics, albeit I've finished reading them before.

With this love for the comics, the release of The Best Of Archie Comics was something I didn't pass by. Looking forward to finish all 400 pages of it and reminisce why I fell in love with the comics.

1 Responses to “Life At Riverdale High: Remembering Archie and the Gang”

Raft3r said...
September 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

i love veronica!!!


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve