Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPad Is Not Wrong Spelling

One of the biggest perks for being an electronics store company employee is that we usually are among the first who gets to hear about soon-to-be-launched products. Though we can’t say anything about it unless we were told to do so, it makes us realize how far we have treaded, as far as technology is concerned.

Thursday morning here in Manila (Wednesday afternoon in California), I was greeted with an e-mail that says that the new Apple tablet has been announced. I thought it was cool. So I opened up that e-mail. To my surprise, I thought I was reading a typo. It says Apple iPad Tablet.

I thought that was a funny name, I said to myself. Maybe iTablet would have been better? I scanned through the pictures. I really didn’t pay attention that much, probably because I’m partly annoyed with the way Steve Jobs speak (in the pictures). He reminded me of those SNL and Mad TV guys who imitate him whenever he launches a new iPod. He always sounds as if his products would solve all of man’s inadequacies. We’re impressed already Jobs, no need for further elaboration.

If I could rate what I thought about iPad from 1-10 (1 lowest, 10 highest), it has got to be a 3.5. Here’s what I thought about it.

*It is not portable enough to just put it on your bag.

*You can’t fold it.

*It looks as if you’re carrying a mirror with you.

*Its sheer size has a memory comparable to that of an iPod touch.

*In all fairness, it has a reasonable price.

*Netbook still works better than the iPad.

*It’s got a silly-sounding name.


My verdict? I wouldn't spend $800 for a 3G and WiFi enabled iPad just yet. Maybe when they make buying an iPad become more sensible. And please, iTablet sounds better.

1 Responses to “iPad Is Not Wrong Spelling”

Raft3r said...
January 31, 2010 at 12:14 AM

i looooooooove this!


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve