Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Personal Idols

I'm not in the mood to make gay introductions to blog posts. They can get lame, right? That's why I wanna go straight to the point. Its The Comforts Rooms' My Personal Idols.

Nick Joaquin
I didn't know he died way back in 2004. So sorry.
But eversince my consciousness included Quijano de Manila (his pen name), I never really stopped admiring him. All this time, I thought he was still just reclusive. And that reclusiveness of him got me more interested in him.
His got this one poem regarding Ninoy's death that got me more interested in him. I think that was the best poem I have ever read. That poem is both visual and literary art. Its got something to do with centipedes. If you know the poem, kindly help me please.

Kurt Cobain
I only learned about him after his death. That would make sense since I was only 8 when he died and none of my parents listened to Nirvana. My mom as into Basia back then and my dad was and still is a James Taylor / Jimi Hendrix fan. Cobain was, I believe, the poster boy of troubled childhood. It was his life experiences that hooked me more to him. People love him and some does to the extent of worshipping him. He is no god, obviously, but who wouldn't get interested in him? And by the way, I support the murder theory. Courtney has got to pay.

Erik Cua
Being born and raised to a family of businessmen, it would have been customary for me (and my cousins) to follow the same path. With interests in advertising, printing, and at times, construction and real estate, I should be following that path (I'm working right now as a marketing guy for Apple Mac products and other non-Mac electronics). Erik Cua will always be a person to idolize. Why? Because at a young age, he became successful on what he does now. Amazing guy. I hope to emulate such business-savvy. I know I can. I just need the funds. Haha!

Roger Federer
There are those who naturally has talent and there are also those whose talent was a product of intense practice and training. Yet there are also those rare instances wherein talent was both naturally gifted with and at the same time a product of hard practice and training. Federer will not be Federer if not for the training he gives himself. The greatest tennis player of all time. Better than Sampras. Better than Bjorg. Better than Laver. Better than Tilden. And definitely better than your Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, and Roddick. He is just plain amazing.

This listing isn't complete yet. Thank you.

2 Responses to “My Personal Idols”

Raft3r said...
October 6, 2009 at 7:25 PM

bakit wala ang kuya mo dito, ha?
hehe


Jerick said...
October 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM

sorry kuya. but joe jonas is not included. haha!


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve