Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ladies, here comes Madrid

The eight best women performers (with exception to Sharapova) are all here to compete for the WTA Championships to be held on Madrid!

Here are the top 8 women!



Read more!




1. Justine Henin- 9 titles this year. Has won the French and US Opens. On a 20-match win streak, and countless other superlatives. If you're into online betting, please bet your life earnings to the Belgian Backhand!



2. Svetlana Kuznetsova- Year highlights would be clinching the number 2 spot and making her 3rd Grand Slam final appearance. This 2004 US Open champion should be good for at least a semifinal appearance.



3. Jelena Jankovic- She definitely is the year's biggest revelation. I'd be happy if she'd make a couple of big wins here (a Serena Williams "upset"?).



4. Ana Ivanovic- I honestly don't think she's really THAT good (she's smoking hot by the way). I won't be surprised if she'd falter in the early rounds.



5. Serena Williams- She's good. What can I say more?! I won't be surprised if she'd meed Henin in the final.



6. Anna Chakvetadze- She's an okay player but I don't think she's a serious contender just yet. I think I have to wait for her Australian Open 2008 showing before making a judgment of her.



7. Daniela Hantuchova- Aha! One of the prettiest faces has qualified! She worked hard this year and she definitely deserved it. Could she defeat Serena Williams again?!



8. Maria Sharapova- I really don't think she deserved her spot. Well, choosing between her and Bartoli, I'd choose Maria instead. She was just lucky that Venus opted not to participate in here.


----There goes the top 8! Who's your choice to win?

0 Responses to “Ladies, here comes Madrid”

All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve