Sunday, July 24, 2011
Do you like this story?
Short of exaggerating, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event that I for sure would cherish forever. And because of that, I thought of writing here my top 10 reasons why I thought the game earlier against the PBA All-Stars rocked:
10. It was not just Kobe Bryant.
9. Derrick Rose (my 2nd favorite player after Kobe) was there.
8. It was a slam-dunk lovefest.
7. Arwind Santos and Sol Mercado showed the NBA stars that Filipinos got some hoops as well.
6. Everytime Mo Twister (the host) took the microphone and said something, people booed at him. I really don't know why.
5. Derrick Rose was serious last night!
4. Kevin Durant showed why he's won 2 consecutive scoring championships. He scored a lot!
3. It was a celebrity sighting fest (I saw Erap, MVP, Ruffa Gutierrez, Tim Yap, Michelle Madrigal, Don Allado, Maricar de Mesa, John Estrada, Priscilla Meirelles, Gary Valenciano, Rissa Mananquil, Paolo Trillo, Harvey Carey, Kerby Raymundo, Jinkee Pacquiao, Tim Cone, Norman Black among the spectators).
2. It was a good gauge on how the PBA players would fare against NBA's best. We lost by 26 points. Which I think wasn't really bad considering that we all knew that we would lost.
1. Kobe Bryant was there.
This post was written by: Jerick Baluyot
Jerick Baluyot is a professional blogger, writer and digital marketing specialist. Follow him on Twitter