Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blogging Hiatus: Why Do We Even Go There?

When I first learned about blogging back in 2005, it got me really curious. For a frustrated (never-been) lifestyle columnist like me, I thought blogging would have given me the perfect outlet to release my creative juices and just express myself there. From the very first blog entry that I did back in 2006 then to the conception of this blog back in 2007, it's been a journey! Blogging helped me familiarize myself with the industry I'm in, blogging helped me meet new people, book projects with prospective clients, met new friends, and learned more about myself. Suffice it to say, blogging has been a reflection as to who I've been the past several years.


However, not's all fancy-schmancy with blogging. There will always be a time wherein you'd get tired (burned out is a good term) from writing up new articles, visiting the blogs you follow, and when the time comes that even looking at your blog becomes a chore (I did!), then boy, you must really be burned out. I admit, I got really tired from writing up new stuff since April. You run out of stuff to say, you become less creative. With that, let me compose my (uncomposable) thoughts and jot down the reason why I went on a hiatus.


1. I just got really tired. Looking at my blog was a chore (which kinda sounded like whore). I am not compelled to write up stuff because no one is paying me to blog for a certain topic and make stupid reviews for a certain product. If that's your call, so be it. But not me. I write what I want to write, If I got tired with writing, I won't write.


2. The interest was not there. I can't think of new topics. I didn't even care if my hits went down. In fact, I haven't checked my stats and revenues for at least a month now. I can't force myself to write even if the creative juices weren't there.


3. I was just not stressed. I used to blog at my previous jobs because it was a way for myself to de-stress. Like after a day of enduring officemates and kiss-a$$ers, I needed my me time and blogging provided me a time for that. I guess when work presents to you a favorable and stress-free environment, the need to de-stress isn't really there. Or, it could be that less stress made me focus more on my job, which I think is true.


Dang, I can't think of any other reason. But yeah, my three reasons pretty much sums it all up. I still love my blog and am still dreaming of making it big in this field. Now that I'm back to blogging, except me to come up with more posts soon!

1 Responses to “Blogging Hiatus: Why Do We Even Go There?”

plumbing said...
December 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM

This post really make sense. Blogging can go far more than this.


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve