Monday, August 23, 2010
Do you like this story?
|Photo courtesy of Yahoo! Philippines|
It was dragging, it was tiring, it was adrenaline-pumping, it was a moment wherein you wished everything would have gone back to normal and pretend that this brouhaha was just a part of some sick Tagalog action film Filipinos have all learned to either enjoy or to hate.
After hours upon hours of watching, here are the top ten thoughts that entered my mind:
10. Wow, I didn't know Isko Moreno (vice-mayor of Manila) spoke decent English.
9. It's a great thing that some of the victims were placed on Manila Doctor's Hospital. I wish all of them were placed there actually. After all the bad publicity, at least placing the victims on a posh hospital would have lessened the pain (even by a fraction). Who wants to be miserable and be placed on a miserable-looking hospital?
8. The relatives of the hostage-taker were all making the most out of their media exposure. Comment all you want, but I thought all of them were drama kings and queens.
7. Jollibee received free international media exposure, thanks to the hostage-taker.
6. First time for me to hear live gun shots on television. It was history in the making for me.
5. The brother of the hostage-taker is a complete douche bag.
4. The usiseros were much worse douche bags.
3. The umbrellas of the usiseros were the biggest buggers of the night.
2. This is the last thing we needed for our international exposure.
1. Where was Manila mayor Fred Lim?
This post was written by: Jerick Baluyot
Jerick Baluyot is a professional blogger, writer and digital marketing specialist. Follow him on Twitter