Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Do you like this story?
It's as if there is still that one adult Filipino who's got access to television, radio, cell phone, newspapers, internet, and even the wet and dry market who still does not know that Manny Pacquiao has floored Ricky Hatton in sterling fashion sometime around 11:30am Manila time. Attaboy Pacman!
Pacquiao's becoming more and more a part of the American mainstream consciousness. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd guest in Oprah, Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno and who knows, even Larry King Live! It will be monumental to watch a Filipino being interviewed by Larry King. Again, we are talking about Manny Pacquiao the boxer. Not the actor, politician, student, gambling lord, womanizer, billiards player, singer, and who-knows-whatever-thing-he's-got-left-on-his-bag.
And speaking of talk shows, David Letterman would soon be not too far out of the horizon should Manny Pacquiao would really be gazing these monster American talk shows. Letterman's Top Ten List is one of those things that I really look forward to in the show and I will make my own Manny Pacquiao Top Ten List.
The Top Ten Things I Dare Not Tell Manny Pacquiao After Flooring Ricky Hatton:
10. So, how much are you giving Ara Mina this time?
9. You may have won the fight but Ricky Hatton won the English Language Proficiency Contest hands down.
8. How much will you give your school to fast-track your graduation?
7. How much did you bet on yourself to win the fight?
6. So, when's the next movie?
5. Really, how much did you really give Ara Mina?
4. With all the money that you got, can you hire an english tutor?
3. How much of the prize will you spend for campaigning for the next elections?
2. So, when will you gamble next with Chavit Singson?
1. You got all the money in the world, when will you give your mom Dionisia a Vicky Belo?
This post was written by: Jerick Baluyot
Jerick Baluyot is a professional blogger, writer and digital marketing specialist. Follow him on Twitter