Thursday, March 26, 2009
Do you like this story?
The moment my pops ( my dad) brought home some freakin' halo-halo over the weekend made me realize that it was, dangggg, its summer na pala. Temperature has been scorching. Air-conditioning has become more heavenly and hot showers have started to become a freaking bad idea.
What's a simpleton (like me) got to do during the summer season? Here are some few nice tips:
1. Rent as much DVDs as possible. I'd probably do DVDs of TV shows I missed because of hectic schedule (or time mismanagement as mom would put it, lol). I'd probably do Entourage, Heroes Season 3, House, Gossip Girl Season 2 (seriously), and all the Amazing Race I could find.
2. Don't do Holy Week on some vacation hot spot! This is the best time to drive around the city! Serious! Wanna appreciate EDSA without the hustle and bustle of everyday life? Drive around town during Good Friday!
3. Pick a personal summer anthem! Last year it was Jason Mraz's I'm Yours and two years ago was Bamboo's Truth. What could be this year? Hmmmm. Danny Gokey's version of PYT comes to mind but its too premature for me to consider that.
4. Learn to save more for the off-peak season! I need to save more this summer so that I could add a few more stamps on my passport. Where to go? I dunno. Lol.
5. Do some freakishly nice charity work. Good for me, my Church puts a premium to that. Help Bantay Bata? Do ABS-CBN Foundation? We did Gawad Kalinga last year. And please, don't attempt to do that. It was a lecture on ultranationalism-cum-leftism!!! Violent pleas are welcome. I experienced GK myself. Haha!
Enjoy the summer!
This post was written by: Jerick Baluyot
Jerick Baluyot is a professional blogger, writer and digital marketing specialist. Follow him on Twitter