Monday, February 16, 2009

The NBA All Star Weekend 2009

True to form, the NBA AllStar Weekend in Phoenix was a blast! I actually cried a tear (I guess) when the allstar lineups were presented. All of my guys were there! We had Kobe (of course), Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James, Mo Williams, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Amar'e Stoudemire.
Tim Duncan was still annoyingly boring, Tony Parker still had Eva Longoria on the side, and Yao Ming was still a joke (seriously). But the best story of the night was Kobe Bryant and erstwhile teammate Shaq shared honors as co-MVPs. It was such a nice moment, I guess never to be done again.
It made me remember the good ol' times when both guys were still under Phil Jackson's helm and they lorded over the NBA for three consecutive years. Only the Spurs and the Pistons were stumbling blocks to their winning another two consecutive crowns.
Shaq was sooo cool, especially when he did the dancing during the introduction of the players. I have the video here, go check it out.

I loved everything about the game. East was annihilated (yeah!) and Kobe won the MVP again. I just hope he bags the NBA crown again for the Lakers.
And most of all, he and Shaq are back on the same page.

0 Responses to “The NBA All Star Weekend 2009”

All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve