Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Closest I've Ever Been To A Conversation With Maria Sharapova

MaSha in action at the Australian Open this year
Who doesn't wanna have a conversation with Maria Sharapova?

Unless you are a bigger celebrity than she is, then you would have cared less. But for the simpleton who makes US$XX,XXX dollars in a year, who doesn't have 3.6 million Facebook fans, any kind of conversation with a superstar, like Sharapova, will always be a big deal.

Unknown to many, a member of the Sharapova entourage is ATP Tour veteran Filipino Cecil Mamiit, who once beat Andre Agassi and was once ranked as high as 72 in the world, is her hitting partner. Since I'm friends with Cecil on Facebook (thanks Mark Zuckerberg!), I thought of asking him about Maria Sharapova. Here's how the "conversation" went:
Cecil when he won the Southeast Asian games men's tennis singles gold years ago

Me: i just read on paper you're hitting partners with sharapova???

Cecil: yup

Me: wow! send her a big filipino lovin' from me! lol

then I chatted a few more stuff like "tell her i cheer for her fiance's ex-NBA team", "because of this small chat sir, i'm inspired to write a blogpost entitled "My Closest Thing To A Conv With Maria Sharapova"and lastly, "lol".

Then Cecil Mamiit just died out on me. Was it already practice time for him and MaSha? Did their internet connection died down from their hotel suite in Melbourne? Did my wi-fi failed on me yet again? Did he thought "oh stalker, get lost" on me?

What do you think? :) I still got the closest I've ever been to a conversation with Maria Sharapova over there. Take that!

3 Responses to “The Closest I've Ever Been To A Conversation With Maria Sharapova”

Raft3r said...
January 22, 2011 at 11:11 PM

stalker, bunso
stalker
hehe


Jerick said...
January 23, 2011 at 8:30 AM

kuya, hindi ako stalker! hhahaha!


Raft3r said...
January 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM

hehe
i believe you
i do
nyahaha


All Rights Reserved The Comfort Rooms | Blogger Template by Suverve