Sunday, July 24, 2011
Short of exaggerating, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event that I for sure would cherish forever. And because of that, I thought of writing here my top 10 reasons why I thought the game earlier against the PBA All-Stars rocked:
10. It was not just Kobe Bryant.
9. Derrick Rose (my 2nd favorite player after Kobe) was there.
8. It was a slam-dunk lovefest.
7. Arwind Santos and Sol Mercado showed the NBA stars that Filipinos got some hoops as well.
6. Everytime Mo Twister (the host) took the microphone and said something, people booed at him. I really don't know why.
5. Derrick Rose was serious last night!
4. Kevin Durant showed why he's won 2 consecutive scoring championships. He scored a lot!
3. It was a celebrity sighting fest (I saw Erap, MVP, Ruffa Gutierrez, Tim Yap, Michelle Madrigal, Don Allado, Maricar de Mesa, John Estrada, Priscilla Meirelles, Gary Valenciano, Rissa Mananquil, Paolo Trillo, Harvey Carey, Kerby Raymundo, Jinkee Pacquiao, Tim Cone, Norman Black among the spectators).
2. It was a good gauge on how the PBA players would fare against NBA's best. We lost by 26 points. Which I think wasn't really bad considering that we all knew that we would lost.
1. Kobe Bryant was there.
Sunday, July 24, 2011 by Jerick · 2
by Jerick · 2
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 by Jerick · 5
Why are Filipinos overly-dramatic? Why do Filipinos love confrontational scenes with breaking-down-and-cry-while-falling-to-your-knees scenarios? Why is it when we're depressed, the most OA of descriptions slip off of our tongues? Why is it when we're on a defensive mode, we try to secrete out all of the issues that we got to the point of being nonsense already? Boys and girls, I blame it all to the soap opera.
Now I understand why I should be reading more books than watch more TV.
by Jerick · 0
Monday, July 11, 2011
I've ONLY had five 1/4 chickens when friends and I ate our dinner at Max's a few hours ago. I was surprised that after my 3rd thigh part, I felt full already. The sodium from the salty chicken and the constant waiting for the next batch of 1/4 chickens did me in. After my 3-hour, 5 thigh parts long chickenfest, I realized a few things:
1. I'm currently appalled by the sight of fried chicken
2. The oil from the chicken was too much to handle
3. I don't think I'd be excited to eat eggs today for breakfast.
Monday, July 11, 2011 by Jerick · 1
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
However, not's all fancy-schmancy with blogging. There will always be a time wherein you'd get tired (burned out is a good term) from writing up new articles, visiting the blogs you follow, and when the time comes that even looking at your blog becomes a chore (I did!), then boy, you must really be burned out. I admit, I got really tired from writing up new stuff since April. You run out of stuff to say, you become less creative. With that, let me compose my (uncomposable) thoughts and jot down the reason why I went on a hiatus.
1. I just got really tired. Looking at my blog was a chore (which kinda sounded like whore). I am not compelled to write up stuff because no one is paying me to blog for a certain topic and make stupid reviews for a certain product. If that's your call, so be it. But not me. I write what I want to write, If I got tired with writing, I won't write.
2. The interest was not there. I can't think of new topics. I didn't even care if my hits went down. In fact, I haven't checked my stats and revenues for at least a month now. I can't force myself to write even if the creative juices weren't there.
3. I was just not stressed. I used to blog at my previous jobs because it was a way for myself to de-stress. Like after a day of enduring officemates and kiss-a$$ers, I needed my me time and blogging provided me a time for that. I guess when work presents to you a favorable and stress-free environment, the need to de-stress isn't really there. Or, it could be that less stress made me focus more on my job, which I think is true.
Dang, I can't think of any other reason. But yeah, my three reasons pretty much sums it all up. I still love my blog and am still dreaming of making it big in this field. Now that I'm back to blogging, except me to come up with more posts soon!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011 by Jerick · 1
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Saturday, July 2, 2011 by Jerick · 0